Karin Kahlhofer studied painting and sculpture at the Düsseldorf Art Academy from 1961 to 1965 with Gerhard Hoehme and Karl Otto Götz , before she became a master student of Joseph Beuys .
Since 1965 Kahlhofer participated in numerous group and solo exhibitions. Her many study trips to European and non-European countries show that dealing with other cultures is an essential part of her work for Kahlhofer.
Karin Kahlhofer lived and worked in Cologne. One of her works is the “Wall of Figures” created in Lünen an der Lippe in 1992.
Works in public collections (selection)
– Bundestag (Lower House of German Parliament)
– Federal Ministry for Education, Science, Research and Technology
– Ministry of Culture of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
– Art collection Düsseldorf
– National Pinacoteca of Athens
– Museum am Ostwall Dortmund
– Museum Ludwig Cologne
– Folkwang Museum Essen